Ingredients (Tostones and Fried Cheese):
- 1 large or 2 small green plantains
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 16 oz TROPICAL Queso de Freir
Ingredients (Chicken Mixture):
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- Cilantro-Lime Crema (see recipe below)
Prepare Tostones and Fried Cheese: Peel green plantains; on a slight diagonal, cut into ¾- inch-thick slices to make 6. Deep-fry in hot oil, 375°F until tender, but not crusty. With slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
Cover plantains with waxed paper; press down with back of hand to flatten. Deep-fry again until crusty and golden on both sides. Remove to paper towel to drain. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
Cut Queso de Freir cheese into six 3 ½ x 2 ½ inch slices, about 1/2 –inch thick. Deep-fry in hot oil until golden browned, about 30 seconds each. With slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
Prepare chicken mixture: Cut chicken breast into thin strips. In 12-inch skillet, over medium high-heat, in hot oil, cook chicken until well browned on all sides, stirring occasionally. Remove to plate. In drippings remaining in skillet, over medium heat, cook red onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Stir in chopped tomato and cooked chicken; cook 1 minute longer.
To serve, place a tostόn on serving plate; stack Fried Cheese slice on top. Top with chicken mixture. Garnish with avocado. Drizzle with cilantro-lime crema. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 6 stacks.
- ½ cup TROPICAL Crema Mexicana
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
In small bowl, combine crema, cilantro and lime juice; stir to mix well. Serves 6.