- 1 8.5-ounce package corn muffin mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups shredded Tropical Queso de Freir
- 1 15.25-ounce can corn, drained
- ½ cup diced red bell peppers
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or scallions
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
In large bowl combine corn muffin mix, milk and egg until just combined. Stir in shredded Queso de Freir, corn, red peppers, salt, cayenne pepper and chives.
In deep-fryer or deep saucepan, heat 2 inches oil to 350°F. Spoon 1 tablespoon mixture into hot oil; cook about 2 minutes or until puffed and golden, turning once. With slotted spoon remove to paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining mixture. Serve immediately. Makes 2 dozen.