- 1 cup firmly packed cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 16-ounce package TROPICAL Queso de Freir
- Vegetable oil for frying
In blender or food processor combine cilantro leaves, garlic, onion and vinegar. Gradually add olive oil and pulse until mixture is just blended. Add crushed red pepper.
Cut cheese into 1-inch cubes. In saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 2 inches oil until hot. Carefully fry cheese cubes, in batches, about 1 minute until golden brown on all sides. With slotted spoon, remove cheese to paper towels to drain.
To serve, top each cube with a small amount of Chimichurri sauce. Arrange on platter. Serve with remaining Chimichurri sauce.
Makes 6 appetizer servings.