- 1 12oz Tropical Queso de Freir
- 1 tablespoon Tropical Grated Cotija
- 1 16oz Salami Especial
- 1 box of spaghetti
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- Handful of fresh cilantro leaves, minced
Heat a saucepan with the olive oil and add the onion, green pepper, and garlic. Cook until the onion becomes tender and translucent. Then, add the tomatoes and tomato paste along with the salt, pepper, and oregano. Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes while you work on the spaghetti. Bring water to a boil in a large pot and add the spaghetti. Cook it for about 15 minutes or until the desired consistency has been achieved. Then, drain the pasta and add it back into the pot. Now, add the sauce to the pot with the pasta and stir it so that the spaghetti is sufficiently covered with the sauce and set aside.
Cut your Queso de Freir into small cubes (about 1” thick) and fry both sides until golden brown. Do the same with your salami. Once the cheese and salami are ready add it to your pasta and sauce. Serve the pasta with some grated cotija sprinked on top as well as the a teaspoon of the minced cilantro leaves as a garnish.