Tropical Cheese Industries is looking for a Sales Representative in the NY up-state areas of Poughkeepsie, Newburgh, Kingston and Middletown.
Retail/Food Industry experience is a PLUS.
Bilingual English/Spanish and a valid driver’s license are a must.
The Sales Representative sells products to business and individuals at sales office, stores, showroom, or customer’s place of business by performing the following duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meets / surpasses assigned route’s quarterly and yearly volume goals
- Achieves goals and objectives communicated either written and/or verbally by management
- Gains, maintains and increases shelf space / products in Dairy, Deli and Meat Depts.
- Gains and coordinates Ads and/or promotional activity at store-level
- Maintains and increases secondary displays for high-volume/featured products
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, and other sources
- Opens new stores/ locations in his assigned territory
- Installs and maintains POS material (e.g.: price tags, price cards, shelf strips, floor decals, etc.)
- Manages the Dumps-to-Sales ratio below the targeted percentage
- Inspects / corrects proper product rotation (FIFO) + removes products close to expiration code or with unsatisfactory cosmetics
- Fills empty shelves with product in back-stock before placing the order
- Visits / contact every account department manager / buyer every 2 weeks
- Displays and/or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features
- Attends to all Store setups / resets inside his assigned territory
- Performs Market Pricing Audits every 2 weeks
- Reports any issues/opportunities (e.g.: product quality, new competitors, stores closings, new stores, upcoming events, anniversaries)
- Ensures that financially all account are up-date. Consults with Accounts-receivable Manager and Sales Team Manager.
- Takes temperature refrigeration unit reading at store level and records it on order sheet
- Maintains his Files, Binder and File Box neatly organized and updated monthly
- Updates his Route Sale Call Book monthly
- Prepares reports of business transactions and submits expense accounts monthly
- Attends to all Sales meetings
Company offers growth opportunities, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k retirement plan, paid vacation/personal days, holidays and a team-work environment.
Send resume to Human Resources Department:
Tropical Cheese Industries
450 Fayette Street
Perth Amboy, NJ 08861
Fax # 732-352–4260