This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website www.tropicalcheese.com (this “Website“), as well as our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect on this Website, email, and any other electronic messages between you and this Website. This Policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means; or by any third party that may link to or be accessible from or on this Website.
Information We Collect About You And How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or age (“personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you give it to us; and/or
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Give Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website.
- Information you provide for Product Reviews.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us via email.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect or gather certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, geolocation data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website so that TROPICAL can deliver a better and more personalized service to you, including helping us:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons (also known as web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on this Website and emails for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of this Website, to monitor how many visitors view our Website or open emails. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the device, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an e-mail).
- Log Data means certain information about how a person uses this Website. Log Data may include information such as a user’s IP address, browser type, operating system, the web page that a user was visiting before accessing this Website, the pages or features of this Website to which a user browsed or viewed, and the time spent on those pages or features, the links this Website that a user clicked and other statistics. We use Log Data to administer this Website and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) Log Data to improve, customize and enhance this Website by expanding their features and functionality and tailoring them to our users’ needs and preferences. We may use a user’s IP address to generate aggregate, nonidentifying information about how this Website is used.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our products and services that may be of interest to you which will be sent to you via email. If you do not want us to use your information in this manner, see how to opt of these emails in “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information .”
We take your privacy seriously. TROPICAL does not sell your personal information to anyone.
Information That We Share With Third Parties
We will not share any information that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below:
- Information Shared with Service Providers. TROPICAL may engage third-party service providers to work with TROPICAL to administer, maintain, or operate this Website. These third-party service providers have access to your information only for the purpose of performing services on TROPICAL’s behalf.
- Information Shared with Google Analytics. TROPICAL uses Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to gather information about how users engage with our Site. For more information about Google Analytics and your opt out options, please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners
- Information Shared with Marketing Service Providers. TROPICAL may also share your information with marketing service providers to help us better market our products to you. These marketing service providers may use your information only for the purpose of helping us to provide the services to you.
- To our affiliated companies, contractors, service providers, and other third parties that we use to support our business and who are permitted only to use personal information only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you give it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you give us the information.
- With your consent or permission.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process or subpoena, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TROPICAL, our customers, employees, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. TROPICAL has created mechanisms to give you the following so you can control your information:
- Promotional Materials from TROPICAL. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by us to promote our own products or services via email, you can opt out by unsubscribing directly in the link in the email, by editing your profile to unsubscribe, or send us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you give us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you’re located outside the United States and choose to provide your information to us, we may transfer your information to the United States and process it there.
If you reside in California, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 gives you the right to ask us for information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing or advertising purposes. To ask us, please send TROPICAL an email to the email address in the Contact section at the end of this page or send a letter to the address stated in that section.
If you reside in California and are under the age of 18, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 gives you the right to ask and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted, but TROPICAL cannot guarantee that even if a request is made, that every item of content or information can be fully removed and the applicable law may not require removal, even if a request is made. To exercise your right to ask, please send TROPICAL an email to the email address in the Contact section at the end of this page or send a letter to the address stated in that section.
To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit: https://www.caprivacy.org
Certain European Visitors to this Website
Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA) and you visit our Website, you have certain data protection rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. This section applies solely to EEA residents and is provided to comply with the GDPR and any terms defined in the GDPR have the same meaning when used in this Section.
TROPICAL aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data. If you wish to be informed what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at the email address in the Contact section at the end of this page.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified or corrected if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your personal data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where TROPICAL relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- You may contact us at the information provided in the Contact section below to exercise the above rights. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about TROPICAL’s collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA), or the European Data Protection Supervisor about the processing of your personal data. You may visit: https://edps.europa.eu/
Links to Other Sites
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information. We may provide links to third-party websites as a service to our users. We are not responsible for the content or information collection practices of those websites or the third parties who own them. Please note that these websites’ privacy policies may differ from ours. We encourage you to review and understand their privacy practices before giving them information.
Persons Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for anyone under the age of 13. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from anyone under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
Tropical Cheese Industries, Inc.
450 Fayette Street
Perth Amboy, New Jersey 08861
Last modified: September 12, 2019