Chicken Enchiladas with Queso Fresco and Crema Mexicana are an essential favorite in many homes and restaurants. People add their own flair; salsa verde may taste different everywhere, but its tomatillo-based flavor is unmistakable. The filling in enchiladas can vary with chicken being the most popular, but they’re often filled with Oaxaca Cheese, Queso Fresco, or Panela Cheese instead. Queso Fresco and Mexican Crema give enchiladas a unique flavor that complements the rest of the ingredients.
- In large bowl stir shredded chicken, chopped cilantro and ½ cup crema until well mixed. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. In small skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot, but not smoking. Place a tortilla in hot oil for a few seconds; carefully turn. Remove to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spoon ¼ cup salsa verde in bottom of 12-by-8-inch baking dish. Place ½ cup salsa verde in pie plate. Using fingers, dip each tortilla in salsa to cover both sides. Place on a plate; top with a tablespoonful of chicken mixture. Roll up tortilla; place in baking dish. Repeat with remaining mixture. Spoon remaining ½ cup salsa verde over top of enchiladas.
- Cover dish with foil. Bake 15 minutes or until heated through.
- To serve, drizzle with Crema and sprinkle with Queso Fresco.