Pulled Pork and Queso Fresco Sandwiches
Ingredients (Pulled Pork):
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco pepper sauce
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder roast or pork butt, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 torpedo rolls, such as Bollitos or Potuguese
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado. peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup crumbled TROPICAL Queso Fresco
- Prepare Pulled Pork: In large bowl combine ketchup, onion, cider vinegar, molasses, cumin, garlic powder, oregano and Tabasco. Add pork pieces: toss to mix well.
- Place mixture in slow-cooker. Cook on high 5 hours or cook on low 8 hours, stirring occasionally until pork is tender.
- Prepare Sandwiches: With two forks, shred pork; return to cooking liquid; toss to mix well. Cut each roll in half; fill with pulled pork mixture. Top with tomato and avocado slices and crumbled queso fresco.