Chicken is a nutritious, tasty, versatile, and affordable food, so there are plenty of ways to enjoy it. And everyone loves the chicken and spinach combo! So check out this Queso Blanco and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe, a delicious option for lunch or dinner any day of the week; it is healthy, yummy, and low in carbohydrates.
Tropical Queso Blanco balances the flavor and texture of the chicken and the spinach. Once the breasts are stuffed with the cheese and vegetables, wrap them with a slice of prosciutto, which will add even more flavor. The oven will turn the ingredients into a delight. You can serve these Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts with string beans and Tostones, or just with Salad and Avocado if you want to keep the dish low carb.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Tropical Queso Blanco, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large slices prosciutto
- Sautéed Green Beans and Cooked Tostones, optional
- In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in 1tablespoon olive oil, cook onion until just tender. Add spinach; cook 3 minutes until wilted, stirring occasionally. Remove vegetables to bowl; stir in ¾ cup shredded Queso Blanco.
- With knife, cut a horizontal pocket in each chicken breast. Spoon spinach mixture into each pocket. In small cup combine salt, cumin and pepper; sprinkle chicken breasts with mixture. With toothpick, skewer each opening of chicken closed.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in remaining tablespoon oil, cook chicken breasts until browned on both sides. Remove to plate. Sprinkle top of chicken with remaining ¼ cup Queso Blanco (1 teaspoon on each).Wrap each chicken breast with a slice of prosciutto. Place on baking sheet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is tender and prosciutto is browned. Serve with green beans and tostones if desired.