Ingredients (Shrimp Filling):
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Ingredients (Ham Filling):
Ingredients (Picadillo Filling):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 package Sazon with coriander and annatto
- ¼ cup TROPICAL sofrito
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup pimento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shrimp Filling: In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot oil, cook garlic 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook until shrimp are pink and cook through, stirring frequently. Stir in diced red pepper and chopped cilantro; cook 5 minutes longer.
- Ham Filling: In 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat in hot oil, cook ham and green pepper until lightly browned on all sides, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Picadillo Filling: In 12-inch skillet, over medium-high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot oil, cook ground beef and onion until well browned, stirring occasionally. Add sofrito and Sazon; cook 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, water, olives and cider vinegar. Over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare plantain cups as package directs.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Into each filling, stir in ½ cup shredded cheese. Fill each cooked plantain cup with some filling. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cook 5 minutes.