Huevos Rancheros are one the most popular breakfast dishes in Mexico; from family homes to the fanciest restaurant, this dish is a big favorite. The ingredients are a staple in all kitchens, making them an easy and affordable option any day. Two fried eggs on top of two corn tortillas, covered with tomato sauce and Queso Fresco Mexicano. Huevos Rancheros are simple, delicious, and have everything you need to start the day.
- Heat one teaspoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan. Place the corn tortillas in the pan and heat them up, flipping them occasionally. Place them in a pre-heated oven to keep them warm.
- Add the other teaspoon of olive oil and fry the eggs to your liking.
- Once the eggs are finished, take the tortillas out of the oven and coat each tortilla with 1-2 tablespoons of salsa.
- Place the egg on top and sprinkle the crumbled queso fresco over the top of the egg.
- Finally, add the diced avocado to finish the dish.