These Cheese, Shrimp and Avocado Quesadillas will be your go-to lunch or snack; it’s also an easy and balanced meal. Tasty shrimp sautéed with bell peppers, avocado, delicious Tropical Queso Fresco and Oaxaca Cheese come together to create cheesy perfection held by a golden brown flour tortilla. Serve this Quesadilla as an appetizer for your next party, or make it on the grill!
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the shrimp and garlic until shrimp is tender, stirring occasionally. With a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp to a large bowl.
- Add red and yellow peppers to the skillet; over medium heat, cook about 5 minutes until peppers are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove to bowl with shrimp and toss to mix well.
- Divide the shrimp and pepper mixture evenly over half of each tortilla. Top with avocado, Queso Fresco and Queso Oaxaca. Fold tortillas in half.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Brush with oil. Place filled tortillas in skillet. Cook carefully, turning once, until tortillas are golden brown and crisp and the Oaxaca Cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges. Serve with pico de gallo and Crema Mexicana.