- Vegetable oil for frying
- 4 TROPICAL corn tortillas
- 8 ounces skirt steak
- ½ teaspoon Adobo seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red or green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans, slightly warmed
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 small avocado, peeled pitted and diced
- 1 cup crumbled TROPICAL Queso fresco
- ¼ cup Crema Mexicana
In small skillet over medium-high heat, in ½-inch hot vegetable oil, cook corn tortillas, one at a time until crisp on both sides. Remove to paper towels to drain.
Sprinkle skirt steak with Adobo on both sides. In 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, brown steak about 5 minutes, turning once. Remove to cutting board. In same skillet over medium heat, in hot olive oil, cook sliced onion and bell peppers until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cut steak into thin slices.
To serve, place a crisp corn tortilla on plate; spread with some refried beans. Top with lettuce, sliced steak, cooked onions, bell peppers and avocado. Sprinkle with cheese; top with crema. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serves 4.