Queso Blanco Stuffed Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup minced red onions
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded TROPICAL Queso Blanco
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- ¼ cup TROPICAL Grated Cotija Cheese
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare Meatballs: In large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, onions, water, cilantro, salt and pepper; mix well. Shape 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture into a ball; with thumb make large hole in center of meatball. Place about 1 tablespoon of shredded Queso Blanco in center of meat. Close meatball to enclose cheese.
- Prepare Sauce: In food processor or blender combine spinach, Cotija cheese, walnuts and garlic; pulse until spinach is chopped. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot vegetable oil, cook meatballs until well browned on all sides and cooked through, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, spoon sauce on platter. Top with meatballs.
Serves 4 main-dish or 6 appetizer servings.