These Tornado Potatoes are fun, easy to make, and ready to impress. Crunchy outside and soft inside, these baked seasoned potatoes are topped with Mexican Queso Fresco and Crema Mexicana. Tornado Potatoes are great as an appetizer, snack, or for the next kids’ party! Simple and tasty ingredients that everyone will love.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Carefully insert a skewer lengthwise into the end of the potato and gently push it all the way through.
- Using a sharp knife, make a small cut at 45º of the skewer on one end of the potato until you hit the skewer; then carefully twist the potato around to continue the cut all the way along, creating a spiral. Gently pull out the spirals to ensure even gaps along the length of the skewer.
- Coat the potato spirals evenly with the oil mixture to marinate and line them up on a baking tray.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cooked through and crispy.
- After plating, sprinkle the Tornado Potatoes with grated Queso Fresco, and drizzle with Crema Mexicana.