(Un)fold layers of flavor! This tortilla hack got trendy, and now it got spicy! Divide a big tortilla into 4 parts and add your favorite ingredients in each section. In this Folded Tortilla Wrap recipe, we use Tropical Chorizo Picante (Spicy), Tropical Mexican Blend Cheese, avocado, and scrambled eggs with Tropical Queso Fresco. Fold it following the instructions, and you have a wrap stacked with flavors for the perfect bite in every bite.
Quarter 1 – Scrambled egg w/ Queso Fresco
- Scramble an Egg: crack an egg into a buttered non-stick skillet over medium heat. Immediately, mix in 2 tablespoons of crumbled Queso Fresco. Sauté, stirring just until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Place on the first quarter of the tortilla.
Quarter 2 – Chorizo
- Cut the chorizo into slices and cook on the same non-stick skillet over medium heat, until slightly browned on both sides. Transfer to the second quarter of the tortilla.
Quarter 3 – Smashed avocado
- Mash 1/2 avocado, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the third quarter.
Quarter 4 – Cheese Blend
- Fill the fourth quarter with Mexican Blend Cheeses
- Cut a slit into the tortilla, from the center to the side closest to you,
- Fold the bottom right quarter up, then proceed to fold the quarters over each other to form a triangle.
- Heat the same nonstick skillet over medium heat and melt some butter. Sauté the folded tortilla until golden brown and crispy on both sides, adding more butter for the second side if desired.