- 4 beef hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 hot dog buns, split and toasted
- 1 cup prepared guacamole
- 1 cup crumbled TROPICAL Queso Fresco Mexicano
- Chipotle Crema (see recipe below)
- Diced red onions, optional
- Freir Fries (below)
Cut each hot dog in half lengthwise, being careful not to cut all the way through; open in center to lay flat. In 12-inch skillet, over medium-high heat in hot oil, place hot dogs flat-side down; cook until lightly browned on both sides, turning once.
Place hot dogs in buns. Top with guacamole and Queso Fresco; drizzle with Chipotle Crema. Serve with additional Chipotle Crema and diced red onions, if desired. Serve with Freir Fries (below).
- 10oz TROPICAL Queso de Freir
- Vegetable oil for frying
Cut Queso de Freir into 3 ½ x ½ x ½ -inch strips. In deep saucepan, heat 1-inch vegetable oil to 375°F. Fry cheese strips until well browned on all sides, about 20 seconds. With slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining cheese strips.
- ½ cup TROPICAL Crema Mexicana
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo, minced
In small bowl combine crema and chipotle peppers; stir to mix well.