Queso Fresco Topped Hot Dog and Freír Fries
- 4 beef hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 hot dog buns, split and toasted
- 1 cup prepared guacamole
- 1 cup crumbled TROPICAL Queso Fresco Mexicano
- Chipotle Crema (see recipe below)
- Diced red onions, optional
- Freír Fries (below)
Ingredients (Freir Fries):
Ingredients (Chipotle Crema):
- Cut each hot dog in half lengthwise, being careful not to cut all the way through; open in center to lay flat. In 12-inch skillet, over medium-high heat in hot oil, place hot dogs flat-side down; cook until lightly browned on both sides, turning once.
- Place hot dogs in buns. Top with guacamole and Queso Fresco; drizzle with Chipotle Crema. Serve with additional Chipotle Crema and diced red onions, if desired. Serve with Freír Fries (below).
Preparation (Freir Fries):
- Cut Queso de Freír into 3 ½ x ½ x ½ -inch strips.
- In deep saucepan, heat 1-inch vegetable oil to 375°F.
- Fry cheese strips until well browned on all sides, about 20 seconds.
- With slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- Repeat with remaining cheese strips.
Preparation (Chipotle Crema):
- In small bowl combine crema and chipotle peppers; stir to mix well.