This Seasoned Queso Blanco is an easy 5-minute delicious cold appetizer that’s a great save for your next gathering. Queso Blanco is a very common cheese in Latin America and the Caribbean; it’s versatile and goes well with savory and sweet recipes. Just cut the Queso Blanco into squares and mix it with the rest of the ingredients. Serve it with crackers or toasted bread.
- 16 oz. of Tropical Queso Blanco
- 1 cup diced tomato, very small
- 1 cup julienned onion
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cut the Queso Blanco into small cubes, approximately ½ inch.
- Add the tomato, onion, olive oil, thyme, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper to a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients, and let them rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Incorporate the diced cheese into the mixture.
- Taste for salt and pepper before serving, and ensure that the cheese takes on all the flavor.
- Sprinkle with more basil to decorate and serve.
Optional: You can also add any spice of your choice, whether fresh or dried herbs.